In 1939 the Laboratory of Velocity and Acceleration Measurements was established under the direction of Dr. Pavel N. Agaletsky.
In 1967, under the direction of Dr. V.L.Lassan, on the basis of the Laboratory of Velocity and Acceleration Measurements, the Department of Motion Quantities Measurements was established to become a part of the Laboratory for Velocity and Acceleration Measurements headed by Dr. A.Ye.Sinelnikov.
The Laboratory provides measurement assurance in the following fields:
- constant and low-frequency linear acceleration measurements (in the field of accelerometry);
- constant and variable plane angles;
- angular velocity measurement (in the field of tachometry and gyroscopes);
- uniform and variable angular accelerations (in the field of angular accelerometry).
Bilateral cooperation in the field of low-frequency motion quantities and angle:
а) Development of standard and testing facilities:
- precision centrifuges (single and double): acceleration range up to 100 g, frequency range up to 30 Hz, accuracy 1-10 ppm;
- average-accuracy centrifuges: acceleration range up to 350 g, accuracy 0.01-0.1 %;
- centrifuges reproducing acceleration changing by the specified law: acceleration range up to 150 g, acceleration measurement accuracy 0.01-0.1 %, reproduction accuracy of the specified law for changing acceleration 1-2 %;
- seismometric setups (horizontal and vertical): acceleration range up to 0.1 µg- 1 g, frequency range 0.001-30 Hz, accuracy 0.1-3 %, rated load capacity up to 100 kg, non-linear distortion factor up to 0.01 %;
- setups to investigate tilt indicators: tilt angle range 0.02-200 seconds of arc, frequency range 0.001-1 Hz, accuracy 0.1-3 %;
- setups to investigate gyroscopes (uniaxial and double-axis): angular velocity range 0.001-10000 grad/s, accuracy 0.001 %;
- setups to investigate precision angle-data transmitters: angle range 0.2 second of arc – 360 degrees, accuracy 0.05 second of arc.
b) Working out investigation procedures for precision accelerometers, seismic transducers, gyroscopes and setups to reproduce parameters of motion quantities and angles.
c) Investigation of precision measuring instruments for low-frequency motion quantities and angle using the standard setups of VNIIM and setups to reproduce the parameters of motion quantities and angle available in China.
d) Modernization of standard setups supplied with the participation of VNIIM and manufactured by other companies.
e) Measurement of parameters of seismic transients and vibration characteristics of customer’s artifacts in the frequency range of 0.001 to 200 Hz.
f) Training of foreign specialists to work with standard setups and use of the state-of-art procedures for investigation of precision instruments measuring motion quantities.
- A.Ye. Sinelnikov, Creation of the new complex standard for measurements of mechanical motion quantities. Proceedings of 16 IMEKO World Congress, Volume 1, September, 2000.
- A.Ye. Sinelnikov, Development of the New Trends of Mechanical Motion Quantities. Proceedings of the International Conference on Metrology. Trends and Application in Calibration and Testing Laboratories, Israel, May, 2000.
- M. Burnashev, Yu. Filatov, D. Lukjanov, P. Pavlov, A. Sinelnikov, Reproduction of Plane Angular Unit in Dynamic Mode by Means of Ring Laser and Holographic Optical Encoder.
- Ye.P. Krivtsov, A.Ye. Sinelnikov, A.A. Yankovsky, Use of the dynamic gravitational field method for calibration and tests of graviinertial devices in the range of small values. 5-th Saint Petersburg International Conference on Integrated Navigation Systems, 1998, p.34.
- Ye.P. Krivtsov, V.N. Kudryavtsev, A.Ye. Sinelnikov, Complex of standards in the field of graviinertial measurements and the lines of its further development. 5-th Saint Petersburg International Conference on Integrated Navigation Systems, 1998, p.339.
- A.Ye. Sinelnikov, V.N. Kudryavtsev, Yu.V. Filatov, D.P. Lukjanov, Development of standards in the field of measurement of constant and low-frequency motion quantities. International Symposium “Gyro Technology 2003”.
- V.S. Alexandrov, Ye.P. Krivtsov, A.Ye. Sinelnikov, On setting up the International Public Center for Seismic Measurement Assurance within the IMS System, Meeting of the Preparatory Commission (Vienna).
- A.Ye. Sinelnikov, Ye.P. Krivtsov, V.N. Kudryavtsev, A.A. Yankovsky, Complex of the Russian standards in the field of graviinertial measurement. International Conference “Advance in Metrology” (ADMET-2003, India).
- Ye.P. Krivtsov, Principles of formation and the results of investigation of the complex of reference instruments to reproduce the parameters of seismic transients. Reports of the European Scientific and Technical Conference, 1992.
- V.A. Balalayev, V.N. Khazhuev, Problems of measurement assurance of dynamic measurements in mechanics. Reports of the European Scientific and Technical Conference, 1992.
- A.Ye. Sinelnikov, The Russian standard for low-frequency mechanical metrology for instrument quality improvement. ISAS International Seminar, Israel, 1994.
- A.Ye. Sinelnikov, A.A. Yankovsky, Ye.P. Krivtsov, Yu.V. Tarbeyev, A new method for absolute calibration of high-sensitivity accelerometers and other gravitational devices. Bulletin of the seismological society of America, vol. 84, No. 2.l, 1994.
- A.Ye. Sinelnikov, A.A. Yankovsky, Ye.P. Krivtsov, New methods of certification of laser interferometers in the range below 10-6 m and 0.1 second of arc. Proceedings of the XIII IMEKO World Congress, September, 1994.
- A.Ye. Sinelnikov, Lines of investigations for creation of new means for metrological assurance in the fields of low frequency motion parameters and gravimetry. Proceedings of the XIV IMEKO World Congress, Tampere, 1997.
- A.Ye. Sinelnikov, The Russian standard for low frequency mechanical metrology for instrument quality improvement. Proceedings of the 10-th International Conference of the Israel Society for Quality, November, 1994.
- A.Ye. Sinelnikov, Yu.V. Tarbeyev, N.N. Rzhevsky, Metrological problems of exploratory geophysics. Proceedings of the Petroleum Congress and Exhibition of Turkey, April, 1996.
- A.Ye. Sinelnikov, Yu.D. Bulanzhe, et al., Problems of metrological assurance in seismometry. Proceedings of the 11-th International Conference of the Israel Society for Quality, November, 1996.
- A.Ye. Sinelnikov, G.L. Klimchitskaya, V.M. Mostepanenko, C. Romero, Ye.P. Krivtsov, Proposed experiment using a sphere with an eccentric cavity for hypothetical long-range interactions. International Journal of Modern Physics, Vol. 12, No. 8 (1997).
- A.Ye. Sinelnikov, New standard setups for investigations of graviinertial measuring devices. Proceedings of the Second International Symposium on Inertial Technology, Beijing, October, 1998.
- A.Ye. Sinelnikov, V.N. Shekhtman, Methods and Facility for Creation of the Horizontal Frame. IMEKO-XV World Congress, 1999.